Lifestyle: New Year Resolutions..

Now normally, I’m not one to full heartedly make NY resolutions. When asked, I generally come up with the common answers, ‘going to the gym more’, ‘eat better’, ‘loose some weight’ etc etc..
That’s not to say that these things wont factor in my 2014, they will, but I’ve been doing these things for half of 2013.

So, 2014:

After turning 30, I think it’s time that my style changed/evolved. I feel that my style hasn’t really grown or changed. I dress the same now as I did in my early twenties. Comfortable yes, but maybe more mature/staple choices need to be made. Choices like smart coats, heels still aren’t my friends yet, so wedges. Just a more tailored, structured/comfortable me.
Now, having a near toddler and being a stay at home mummy, this wont be easy everyday, but for the days that I do get to go out and be taken out, I’ll look better.

My second resolution may sound a weird one.

I hang my head in shame that up until 3 weeks ago, I hadn’t been to a dentist in nearly a year and a half. As it was pointed out to me at this visit, I really should have been taking advantage of the free dental care whilst pregnant and after baby was born, but, I forgot! However, I’m now signed up to a local dentist to have regular check ups, plus I’ve bought myself and my partner an electric toothbrush each, the Colgate ProClinical A1500 to help us on our way!

What are your NY resolutions if  any?

Share:

10 Comments

1. 1st January 2014 / 4:00 pm

Good luck in 2014! I am also hoping to changing my style. Sometimes I feel that I still look like a student and that's not really the way I want to be. I have the problem of looking very younger, which doesn't help!

• Caroline
      1st January 2014 / 4:24 pm

Thank you, you too hun!
      Yes, I have a similar problem with looking younger than my years. I say it's a problem, it is nice in certain circumstances, but annoying in other.. x

2. 2nd January 2014 / 6:07 pm

I can totally relate to your 2nd resolution! I need to go to my dentist as well! Maybe coming across your blog is a sign that I should already see my dentist lol 🙂 Happy New Year to you and your family! <3

Wanna follow each other on Google+? Just inform me so I can follow you back 🙂

Visit my blog: LABELS AND LATTES

Join my INTERNATIONAL blog giveaway c/o Dressale.com!

xo,
    Rina <3

• Caroline
      5th January 2014 / 2:26 pm

haha my next check up isn't till June, but it wasn't too bad! Get yourself booked in! 🙂
      Happy New Year to you too. 🙂
      x

3. 2nd January 2014 / 7:12 pm

I don't like to make resolutions per se but this year I hope to maintain my fitness level and sustain a healthy diet without "falling off the wagon" like I typically do. Hope you succeed in your goals too! 🙂

xo, alison*elle

• Caroline
      5th January 2014 / 2:30 pm

I also hope to up my fitness and keep eating well.. I've been doing ok for 4 months now, so it's just life. 🙂
      Good luck with your goals. 🙂 x

4. 3rd January 2014 / 9:19 pm

I am with you on the fashion front I'm forever just throwing on jumpers and jeans just because it's easy, warm and comfortable! I must make more effort 🙂

Jem

• Caroline
      5th January 2014 / 2:30 pm

haha I'm all about ease, especially with a near toddler.. but I WILL try harder.lol
      x

5. 4th January 2014 / 7:39 pm

I;m terrified of the dentist… I left it ages between visits last time and I'm really due another visit but not sure I can force myself to go just yet!

• Caroline
      5th January 2014 / 2:31 pm

You can do it.. I believe in you.lol
      It's worse the longer you leave it! :/
      x