I was tagged by the lovely Siobhan from All That Glitters in her The Mummy Tag post, which you can read HERE.
Since becoming pregnant and even now, I still enjoy reading peoples pregnancy journeys and new baby related posts. It’s interesting to see how different all us mums are. Plus it’s good for ideas and things to try.
So here we go:
1. Are you a stay at home mum or a working mum?
I’m currently a stay at home mum. I plan on staying home until baby is at least 2. So I can enjoy him and time with him, then wean him into pre school. Hopefully then I’ll get a part time job.
2. Would you have it any other way?
I know the importance of working, showing your child that needs must. Also there’s the financial aspect that we NEED to work to be able to provide. But as a child I was put in childcare from a really young age and both my parents worked full time. They missed a lot of me growing, plus school plays and activities. So I don’t want to miss anything my boy does. So I’m happy with my plan.
3. Do you co-sleep?
No, we never have. Some mornings, we’ll have snuggles in our bed, if he’s woken up and fancy it. He has slept with us for a few hours when he’s been really poorly. But I didn’t sleep well as was worried about one of us squashing him or covering him with the duvet.
4. What is your one must have item for your baby?
That’s difficult, as he needs milk/food and clothes. If you don’t count necessities I’d say pram. As he enjoys being nosy on walks etc. He loves looking up at trees. Plus, with the pram we’ve been part of Buggy Bootcamp, where we’ve met lots of other lovely mummies, while getting fit!
5. How many kids do you plan on having?
1. I had an ok pregnancy, but labour was awful. I think my partner agrees that he wouldn’t want to go through it again either. Plus, we have lots of plans on places to go and things to do as a family and I want to be able to show baby everything and have everything he needs. If you add another child into the equation, then the prices double and we may struggle.
6. Date night? How many nights per month?
haha What’s a date night? We don’t really have date nights. We’ve had a few hours out, to go for a meal for occasions, but we just enjoy the hour or two before bed on an evening.
7. Your child’s favourite show?
He loves baby TV. He likes dancing to some of the tunes. He doesn’t really have a favourite character yet.
8. Name one thing you bought before having your baby that you’ve never used?
I’d say the sensor cot mat that goes with baby monitors. I was adamant that we needed to get this mat as was scared about cot death etc.. But we never plugged it in. It was under his mattress cover etc, but never plugged in!
9. Your child’s favourite food?
Apart from his bedtime milk.. He likes all foods so far! He loves his Petits Filous yoghurt and also biscotti’s.
10. How many cars does your family have?
We have one car. Which suits us fine. My partner works close to home. I generally have the car 3 mornings a week, then I pick him up at lunch, we come home, have lunch together, then he takes the car back to work.
11. Weight gain before, during and after pregnancy and now.
Before falling pregnant I was approx 8st 9lbs. A regular at the gym and morning jogs before work. I promised myself I wouldn’t ‘eat for two’ while pregnant.. but my love for Wispa Golds and Cadbury Creme Eggs got the better of me and I blame these for my weight gain. I put on just over 3 stone. It has taken me a year to loose 95% of the baby weight.
12. Dream holiday with your kids?
Disney Land Florida of course! We plan to go in 2020.
13. Dream holiday without your kids?
I don’t think I could go on holiday without my boy. But if we didn’t have him, I’d like to revisit Malta. New York.
14. How has your life change since having your baby?
I’d be lieing if I said it’s been easy and the sun has shined every day!.. But, in the same breathe, the first 12 months could of been a lot worse. I think it’s changed my partner and I as people. You become more responsible, having to think what’s best for baby and us as a family, instead of just thinking about yourself. I wouldn’t change him, I love our snuggles. 🙂
15. Finish the sentence.. ‘It melts my heart to see..’
Baby crawl and whimper to see his daddy come through the door after being at work.
16. Where do you shop for your kids?
Necessities wise I mainly shop at Boots. Amazon has been good for deals on big boxes of nappies and wipes. Clothes wise, he’s a Next baby! Though his 1 year + wardrobe also includes some Gap items.
17. Favourite make up and skincare products?
My skincare routine currently consists of Olay and The Body Shop. Make Up wise, I’m loving Clarins.
18. Huggies or Pampers?
Pampers nappies, Huggies wipes.
19. Have you always wanted kids?
I think everyone has a life plan of when they want to do certain stuff. I always wanted children young, around 23/25, so I could enjoy playing with them etc. But, things don’t always pan out the way you want. I was 28 when I fell pregnant. I don;t think I’d of been happy with having a child any older than 35.
20. Best part about being a mum?
It’s weird and nice to have something/someone that totally relies on you. They know nothing apart from what you teach them. Your moulding them into a new generation. That’s amazing to think about.
.. and that’s me done. I hope you enjoyed reading it. I’m tagging the ladies below. Please do let me know if/when you post or any other mummy posts, I’d love to read.