In part 3 of my #throwbackthursday 90’s series, I bring you, Toys and Games..
There were plenty more I remembered and found, but these are some of my favourites.. Enjoy.
- Furby – I never actually owned one of these and I’m kind of glad. I actually find them quite scary.. But I remember really wanting one as they were such a trend. I remember at a Christmas there being reports of proper riots between parents in shops!.. Over a Furby!?!.. Mental.
- Dream Phone – Again, a game I never owned, but was a major thing as a young girl. What’s scary is looking at pictures of the ‘guys’ now..
- In-Line skates – I was never a big skater, but always wanted to be. Especially after watching Mighty Ducks, it always used to spur me on to go outside!
- Fashion Wheel – I loved my Fashion Wheel. It was probably one of my favourite toys as a girl.
- Mr Frosty – Santa let me down year after year with one of these.. that is until my 18 birthday when ‘he’ finally delivered my wish!
- Tamagotchi – I had many of these. I think more so because my mum used to buy me them from the local Sunday Market, so It wasn’t me ‘not feeding’ my ‘pet’, I blame the cheap manufacturing! ha! A very addictive little toy though and along with the Furby, one that’s making a comeback.
- Polly Pocket – Actually fit in your pocket! I totally get the health and safety.. can’t say I ever swallowed Polly or her friends, but hey ho. I used to love mine and had an amazing collection.
- Tiger Handheld Games – I had the Aladdin one and my friend the Little Mermaid one. I remember my mum even getting involved in helping me reach the next level!
- Trolls – Another toy that has the scare factor. But, I had a decent collection. In all different sizes, colours and outfits.
- ty toys – I admit I still have 4 in babies room. Mainly limited edition ones.
- Pogs – Oh the simplicity. I can’t remember the point of them.. just that you needed to be collecting them at school to be ‘cool’.
- Cupcake Dolls – Another toy I didn’t own, but used to play with at friends houses. Unfold the doll from the rubber cupcake case and it turns into her skirt.. Simple.
- Dear Diary – Anyone remember the buttons being ridiculously small!? I can’t remember what I used to write on/in mine.. probs my love for Take That..
- My Little Pony – I loved playing My Little Pony. It was on par with Barbie for me.