Starting The Morning.

We all start our mornings differently. They start at different times, for different reasons and our routines are all individual.  I’m currently in a place where I think I’ve got mine pretty much nailed, so I thought I’d share it with you.

What I do.

Due to literally getting out of bed, somehow getting dressed, rolling down the stairs and then heading straight out the door after a toilet and sip of water, I leave having breakfast till I’m back from my exercise. This means I’m exercising fasted. Now, I’m aware this is a very debatable topic throughout the fitness industry and I’m sure there’s many pros and cons on both sides, but this is my choice.

I aim to run once, up to four times a week, Monday to Friday. I don’t find running easy by any means, but it is a great way of burning the calories, clearing my mind ready for the day ahead and getting it over and done with, as i really struggle to motivate myself on an evening.
One day a week I’ll do a quick HITT session, on my driveway of all the glamorous places. This workout is one of The Body Coach’s from his Lean In 15 book. It’s a great little circuit of just three exercises, five times, lasting 15 minutes.

Food & Drink.

Breakfast normally consists of bacon and  scrambled eggs. Recently, I have been adding some chilli powder to my eggs to give them a bit more taste and to help kick start the metabolism. It’s a great protein based meal, setting you up well for the day ahead.

I rehydrate with plenty of water. Try to drink the recommended 2 litres a day, but admittedly, I am quite poor at reaching that target. I’ve also recently been trying the For Goodness Shakes Protein Coconut Water*, which is designed to rehydrate and also aid recovery. It’s perfect to drink with my breakfast or later in the morning. I will also have a glass of orange juice or preferably pineapple juice. at some point throughout the morning. Pineapple juice is widely recognised as being more favourable for it’s health benefits. It’s also quite sweet, so satisfies my sweet tooth.

What’s your morning routine? –

If you enjoy reading, don’t forget you can follow me on Bloglovin and or Facebook to keep up to date with new posts.

Share:

14 Comments

1. Louise McDonagh
    27th July 2016 / 11:25 am

I'm seriously impressed that you can motivate yourself to run in the morning. I usually get up and have breakfast (orange juice, twinings detox tea, cereal or toast) and let the dogs out, wash, get dressed, hair and makeup and out for my train.

2. 29th July 2016 / 6:55 pm

I am exactly the same and don't eat anything before I go out for a run. I feel more like having something to eat when I get back to give me some energy. You're right too – your running route looks just like mine! Living in the countryside has it's advantages!

Laura xx | Loved By Laura

3. Food & Baker
    30th July 2016 / 7:20 pm

We don't eat breakfast, nor do we run but oh how we wish we had the motivation to do both! Chilli power on the eggs is a good shout actually!

Love reading things like this bcus I'm so nosey, thanks for sharing!

Jessica & James

4. 30th July 2016 / 7:40 pm

This motivates me to get my own morning routine going. As of right now, I don't really have one, but one thing that I do want to include is morning yoga and making my bed. I'm also trying to avoid grabbing my phone first thing in the morning, because it is such a bad habit.

5. 30th July 2016 / 7:13 pm

Wow you have such a structured routine! You may become my new inspo to do the same! Xx
    Amy
    andeastthesun.co.uk

6. 30th July 2016 / 7:20 pm

Well done for having such a structured routine!! I also love protein coconut water! Tastes so good!! Xx
    georgiarknight.wordpress.com

7. 30th July 2016 / 7:22 pm

I have a one year old so mine is random and hectic. ^_^ I always eat first thing though – if I don't I get vert hangry very quickly.

8. The Sunday Mode
    1st August 2016 / 7:05 am

I'm not a fan of running but know many people who enjoy it especially because it seems to clear their head. It's great when you find something that suits you and you enjoy doing 🙂 I like to go on my cross trainer most mornings – its a hands free one so I plan my day and check some emails while on there, then I do some short boxing sessions and some dance style workouts throughout the weekdays- all at home 🙂

9. Remie Worrall
    5th August 2016 / 11:16 am

That protein water looks amazing! x

10. 5th August 2016 / 11:17 am

Such a healthy and motivating morning routine! Mine's more 'spend as long as humanly possible in bed before realising I don't have enough time to do the things I need to do before school/work/whatever then running round like a madwoman, leaving destruction in my wake'

11. 21st August 2016 / 8:07 pm

Sounds like a great morning routine! I'd love to run in the morning but I like to sleep in so I run in the evening, but it's very hard to motivate yourself xx

Tajaljeh // https://lifeastajaljeh.blogspot.si/

12. 19th September 2016 / 3:41 am

Love this post girl! It was definitely something I needed to read as I'm the worst for getting up in the mornings haha! I always try to drink as much water as I can before I leave the house to re-hydrate myself and keep the puffiness around my eyes down!

Hayley xo