Where to even start. December is the most wonderful time of the year. It’s all about spending time with loved ones.. and eating! A lot. I’d get a brew..
- December started and we popped to toddlers Preschool Christmas Fair. Who doesn’t love a good raffle and tombola. The hall was jam packed with people, it really wasn’t ‘fun’ in that respect, but good to show willing. Plus, we came home with a box of jelly babies, x6 mince pies and some toffees.
- December finally ment that it was time for IceLolly’s Blog At The Beach. I’d been really looking forward to attending this event, since I’d missed the summer one. As always it was also a good opportunity as ever to catch up with some lovely blogging ladies. Brunch first at Banyan, then onto Lamberts Yard for the event. And what a great event it was.
- There was to be no Christmas play/nativity for us this year, as although our toddler attends two preschools, one had scheduled their play for the week we attended Center Parcs and the other had opted to host a Christmas Sing-A-Long – which was adorable by all means. Even though we’d been subjected to hearing Christmas songs at home since November!
- Having family that moved from Carlisle to Gretna, means a little further to travel, but we still head up a day or two before we go to Center Parcs. It may mean going up to come back down, but Gretna is a lovely place. I’ll be posting a little guide to a few places over the coming months. Then it was to Center Parcs for five days. We’d never visited in December before, for their Winter Wonderland and it didn’t disappoint. It was truly magical. Again, another blog post to look forward to later in the year.
- Whilst visiting Center Parcs, my husband and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. If by ‘celebrated’ I mean that I left his card at home. We spent the day with our toddler, swimming, playing golf, at the pub, watching some fireworks, then when toddler went to bed we played cards – then yes, we totally ‘celebrated’! – Two days later it was my birthday (all the good things happen in December!) and pretty much the same happened.. Although we ate at the Pancake House and went and saw Santa. Best.Birthday.Ever!
- The day after we arrived home we had booked to visit The Grainary for their Supper With Santa event. It was an evening event, but with the yummiest food included and a lady on hand helping the children make a jar lantern, christmas card and tree decoration, plus bingo and an individual visit to see Santa with a gift to take home, there was much to see and do. We really enjoyed ourselves.
- A day later and the afternoon quickly rolled around and we were headed to Castle Howard for our annual An Audience With Father Christmas with friends. We all always look forward to this. The best active Santa you’ll ever meet! The boys were all really well behaved, even though were three years on and they still look tiny, but happily accepted their present and sat for a photo. You can read more about it here.
- Our last Santa visit took us to Piglets, near York for their Sleigh Ride To Santa’s Woodland. Again, this is another we do with friends and loved from last year. This is the best activity for an overall experience and is best done in low/dark light, so you get the full magical effect and appreciate the decorations. Though the boys will all say the best part is getting a key to Santa’s toy shop to go and choose your own toy!
- Afternoon Tea’s are fast becoming my ‘thing’, with me adding a festive afternoon one in before heading away on holiday. However when Rachel messaged me about going for a festive afternoon tea at Daisy Tea Rooms in our town I couldn’t say no and even more so when TOASTED sandwiches were on offer! You can read about it here.
All About Me.
- I finally got my hair done! Two months without colouring it and it was more than ready for it. my colour had gone so washed out. My natural, with greys were coming through and I was just over liking the lighter ends. So darker I went. I wanted to brown ombre, so lighter ends still, but in a lighter brown over bleach blonde. It doesn’t show too well, but is something we can work on.. Until June the summer kicks in and I want to be light brown again!
- As I mentioned above, it was my birthday this month and I’d like to say thank you to everyone that wished me a happy birthday. I had a lovely time in Center Parcs with my boys and got treated to getting my nails done, which is a rarity.
- Hello to you from WordPress! I finally made the move and I couldn’t be happier. It looks exactly like I hoped it would. It has taken me sometime to click on the dashboard and work what everything is, but it’s not been as difficult to grasp as I had first thought! Plus the Yoast SEO is a great help. Feeling slightly addicted to making everything green! – I promise 2017 will not include any url changes or design changes. It’s all here to stay.