- It was finally the month of Icelolly’s BlogAtTheBeach. Though their fourth event, it was my second invite and I couldn’t have been happier and excited to attend. Having got the train into Leeds early, I had an obligatory visit to Primark. Although I took a little shopping list, I pretty much failed. Picking up only a new bra and cami top. Here’s to next month! After Primark, I met up with some lovely ladies for a good brunch, heading to All Bar One. I chose the pancakes, as I generally do and we had a good natter and put the world to rights. The event was fantastic, a great atmosphere and three brilliant guest speakers. I came home feeling motivated and inspired, which is what it’s all about!
- Our little toddler is now in his last few week of Preschool! I literally can’t believe the time has come that he’s going to be in ‘big’ school! It all feels a little surreal at times. Plus quite emotional that he’s going to be attending the school that I did for the next 7 years. This month he had his individual and group photos taken at preschool. I can’t wait to get the pictures and cry at how much he’s grown and grown up in the last 2 years of being there.
- Father’s Day this month and always bittersweet. We generally ‘cheers’ my late dad with a shot of whisky, but I saw some Famous Grouse fudge and thought I might be able to stomach those better and I was right. Toddler and I made a card for daddy (homemade cards are the best!) and I had booked us in for a good Sunday lunch at The Copper Horse. We always like a date night there and had yet to visit for their lunch and it was worth the wait. It was so good! Being the lovely day it was, we also sat outside to eat which was lovely. Keep an eye out for the full post coming soon.
- One birthday party for the toddler this month, at Playdale park. We love it there, it’s like a working farm, with animals to see, pat and feed, but also plenty of other activities, plus a barn full of hay bales for running around on and up and down.
- When an email invite to an event at Haven Primrose Valley, SCARBOROUGH dropped in my inbox, I had to read it a couple of times. Surely not. Surely there’s not an event happening in Scarborough!? It was. A swift YES! Was RSVP’d. The event was to show the nearly opened Lakehouse restaurant and also their Sea Birds new development. The new development of vans looks out over the sea and also has some stunning views of Filey cliffs.
All About Me.
- It’s been way too long since I’ve had a good pamper, so after having my hair done last month, I finally got my eyebrows done at the beginning of this month. As long as my eyebrows and mascara is right, I’m happy. I can generally go out and feel OK. So to have not had my eyebrows done in a good 5 months, it was well overdue! I’m definitely going to make sure I get them done a bit more regular than every 5 months that’s for sure! Priorities and all that!
- A few posts went up this month, even though halfway through I put myself on a bit of a break. I feel this is when my plan of being ahead really works in my favour. We all need and deserve a break, but I feel better about it to know that I’m still ‘present’ on my space and the WWW by having posts already written and scheduled to go out. My favourite this month is, of course, a #sundaylunchtour post from the stunning Wrangham House in Hunmanby, Filey. Have a read here. If it’s a place good enough for Gary Barlow to visit, then it’s good enough for me.
- Going into July, I may still be a bit quiet, but I am quietly working on some things and hopefully will have posts up every Wednesday as normal. For the meantime, it’ll just be my Friday outfit posts that are taking a back seat whilst I get some things done. I am still around though, so please do get in touch!