5 Awesome Blog Reads From May.
I love reading blogs. There’s some awesome blogs out there. It was stumbling across a blog post, resulting in a mass binge of the said blog that lead me to start my own online space many moons ago.
Reading blogs can not only offer information, be thought-provoking and relatable, but as a writer myself, they help me creatively. My mum always used to say to read more. She was quite the wordsmith, as a journalist you’d expect so… But now, I get it.
But also, reading other blogs is a source of recognition. You’re supporting the writer. That pageview means so much. Weekly I try and set aside time to read blogs/new posts and I always try and share my favourites on Twitter. Recently, I came across Lucy and she had written a post all about her favourite reads that month. I loved the concept, so I thought I’d join in.
What I’ve Read.
- I’ve followed Sophie Cliff for quite some time, but for some reason, her blog posts seem to have bypassed me until recently. I honestly don’t know how. But, maybe it’s down to timing, but her content could not resonate more with me right now. Sophie’s post titled My Intentional Living Manifesto really gave me food for thought and I love that she also add free downloads within some of her posts.
- Self-care is something that I definitely need to work on, more so since having our second child. Over the last few months though, on the run up to him turning one, I’ve told my self that once he is one, things are going to change. I need to get my shit together and that includes looking after myself. So Elizabeth’s post on 100 Things To Do For Self Care couldn’t have come at a better time. Small things can make a big difference.
- Following on with self-care, comes a brilliant post by my lovely friend Lizi on Reducing Stress: Evening Routine. Morning and evening routines are things that I really want to get on top of and implement more regularly. More so on an evening. Lizi’s ideas on reducing screentime and winding down with the world are definitely on my to-do list.
- Miranda’s blog is a new find and read to me. I think I came across this next post off the back of Sophie Cliff, but don’t quote me on that. Either way, her post titled 11 Life Goals To Follow – May was so relatable. I love that Miranda sets monthly goals. As she mentions, it makes yearly goals seem more achievable if they’re broken down. Something else I really want to look at for myself.
- Cat, and her blog – her style of writing, lifestyle content and being oh so down to earth, is very much how I hope people view my blog and self. Her recent post on How I’ve Lost Weight In A Healthy & Mindful Way was just lovely to read, with so much truth. We shouldn’t be afraid to post about certain topics. They only become controversial when you begin to dictate instead of share. I agree completely that weight loss is definitely an individual thing, but that also, it’s just about finding what works for you, what you can enjoy doing and what is achievable daily. It’s small lifestyle changes.
So there we have it. My 5 top awesome blog reads from May. I do hope you check them all out and maybe find some new reads for yourself.