November, it’s a tricky one, isn’t it? The excitement for the coming festivities is strong, I mean, the shops don’t help do they, but you’re still aware it’s only November. Either way, this November has been quite eventful.
- School went back after half term and normality resumed again. In all honesty, half term wasn’t that bad at all, I exaggerate. But I do love a routine.
- Back to school and it’s Bonfire Night. Our village hosts it’s own bonfire and fireworks, which is perfect. Having not ventured out last year, as youngest was a bit too young, we made the walk this year, much to our eldest’s delight – he’s easily pleased with sparklers.
- No matter how I plan, I always ended up having Christmas shopping left to do at the beginning of December. Though I’m always a tad grateful for Black Friday. Though I’m sure my bank would still disagree. Plus, still you still end up purchases ‘a little something(s)’ for yourself, don’t you? I mean it would be rude not to, right? I also had a little jaunt with friends through to York for a spot of late-night Christmas shopping. And I’m proud to announce that I was the only one of us to come home with Christmas pj’s in the right sizes. Oh and I also only bought myself a scarf. See… It can be done!
- This month was made all the better with a spa visit. I saw a deal come up for the Wellness Spa in my town and having visited a couple of times previously, I jumped at the offer of a Christmas party themed spa night. Taking the opportunity to bundle my birthday and Christmas together I messaged some friends and, well, it was a splendid evening.
- I finally got my hair did. It’s been months. Month, months and months since I was at the hairdressers and, well, it just needed to happen. It’s amazing how colour and cut can change your life. By life, I mean mood, which ultimately reflects on your life. I didn’t do anything drastic. My hair is so fine and poker-straight, it can’t handle anything. I just got my roots done, plus a bit of lighter colour through the lengths of my hair to give it some depth, as it was feeling and looking block-like.